The Internet’s vast resources offer many options for finding dental health information, but how can you determine if a Web site is trustworthy and accurate? Just because information is posted on the Internet does not mean it is true or reliable. Identifying credible health information can be a challenge.
FEDERAL HEALTH SITES
These taxpayer-funded Federal Websites contain oral health information worth checking out:
• PubMed: “http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed”;
• U.S. Centers for Disease Control andPrevention: “www.cdc.gov”;
• U.S. Department of Health and HumanServices: “www.healthfinder.gov” and “www.guideline.gov”;
• U.S. Food and Drug Administration: “www.fda.gov”;
• U.S. National Library of Medicine: “www.medlineplus.gov”;
• National Oral Health InformationClearinghouse: “www.healthfinder.gov/orgs/ HR2457.htm”.