BY DR MAS’OOD CAJEE
At our dental office, more than ever, patients’ safety is our top priority.
Here is a detailed explanation of the COVID-19 prevention procedures at our dental office in Manteca, California. We hope you will feel more secure and comfortable than ever before with your next dental visit after reading this.
Like you, we are very concerned about preventing COVID-19 transmission in our office and in the community. Patients tell us they feel more protected and safer in our dental office then they do at the grocery store, gas station, or any other store.
As far as our office goes, new COVID-19 precautions have definitely changed our patient experience.
At the same time we have worked hard to preserve our signature 5-star VIP patient experience and legendary customer service. The Pandemic has forced us to make many changes in how we help you, our patients, and we want to make sure that your experience, safety, and comfort are top of mind.
We have implemented the following 20 protocols to protect our team and guests from COVID-19
- COVID-19 wellness screening forms sent by text before any scheduled appointment
- Curbside waiting and text check-in to minimize waiting room time
- Temperature checks upon entry for all team members and guests
- Obligatory masks and coverings for all team members and guests
- Obligatory Hand sanitizer for all team members and guests
- Heavy-Duty Faceshields and N95 respirators for our clinical team
- PAPR respirators for our surgical team
- Top-of-the-line medical-grade air purifiers in every treatment room with 6 levels of filtration including UV disinfection and 6 air changes per hour
- Air purifiers with HEPA and Carbon filters in all common areas, including the waiting, reception, and consult areas
- A pause on Ultrasonic aerosols
- Regular updates & trainings for our team members with the latest OSHA and CDC guidelines
- Povidone-iodine covid-killing pretreatment rinses for patients
- Plexiglas sneeze guard barriers at the front desk
- UV disinfection of our surgery suite
- Social distancing for all guests and team members
- An outdoor break area for our team members to socially distance at lunch time
- Rubber Dam Isolation and Dental Aerosol Reduction Tents (DARTs) for aerosol Procedures
- High velocity suction units to eliminate remaining aerosols in addition to the High Volume Evacuation suction lines we have always had
- On-site Washer and Dryer to clean contaminated clothing, blankets, pillows
- 30 second handwashing by team members. The CDC recommends 20 seconds, although research shows that 30 seconds is 10x better than 20 seconds.
During the Shelter in Place quarantine from March to May, when we were seeing only extreme emergencies, our team spent countless hours training via Zoom learning about and addressing COVID-19 related issues.
Our goal for our patients has been to provide the safest environment possible using the most advanced tools and techniques available.
COVID-19 is no joke, and the threat is very real to ourselves and our loved ones. Dentistry was at the forefront of infection control when HIV arose in the early 80s. That was when dental team members started to wear gloves and masks.
The measures we have implemented are guided by the latest research about COVID-19. We follow the advice of the American Dental Association and California Dental Association, as well as state and federal agencies giving guidance on infection prevention such as OSHA, the CDC, and our local and state public health departments.
Dr Mas’ood Cajee has served Manteca and surrounding areas for over 12 years. His office is the oldest dental practice in San Joaquin County, and was established in 1925…shortly after the last pandemic. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org